If you provide Submarine Cat with personal data of any description such data will be held and processed by Submarine Cat strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation* (GDPR). Such data will be used by Submarine Cat in the following ways:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To provide you with information on the relevant Submarine Cat artist;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy below;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
- To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments or to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To manage your access to the services or notify you about changes to the services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you (including information in relation to your devices). We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Submarine Cat will not, without your consent, supply your name and/or address to any third party except where such transfer is a necessary part of:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Submarine Cat is required to do so by operation of law.
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask Submarine Cat to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date.
All personal data shall be processed by Submarine Cat in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures sufficient to meet the requirements of the GDPR.
Please be aware of cybercrime and fraud. There have been an increasing number of scams that fraudulently use the name and/or intellectual property of legitimate businesses with the aim of extracting monies or sending malicious malware or viruses. If you have received an unexpected email or request purporting to be from Submarine Cat relating to bank account details or asking you to open attachments you are not expecting, please contact Submarine Cat using the telephone number or email address on this website and avoid using any contact details provided in any suspect or unexpected communication.
Submarine Cat reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time in the event that this becomes necessary for the provision of its services. Submarine Cat will not personally notify you of any amendments to this policy and so you are urged to check this policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by this policy as it may be amended from time to time.
*Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Site and use its features. The information collected by these cookies relate to the operation of our Site, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Site.|
|Performance / Analytics||These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our Site, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Site. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Site and never to identify you. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our Site from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customise, in order to improve your experience of our Site and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.|
|Targeting or Advertising||These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organisations, for example advertisers.|
|Social Media||These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Site with social media organisations such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the privacy policies of these organisations for how their cookies work.|
- to collect anonymised data on users behaviour on the site. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyse user behaviour across multiple sites;
- to categorise pools of users (on an anonymised basis) based on demographic and/or behavioural data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Submarine Cat Music websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorised cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Submarine Cat Music has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Submarine Cat Music has “sold” to these third parties.
Some of our Sites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalised features, if you delete or disable cookies.